Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Natural Pick Me Up

I have been needing a pick me up lately with everything going on in our family, so tonight I decided to put my camera around my neck, grab a glass of wine, and head outside. I am ashamed to say I don't spend near enough time in my yard as I use to, it kinda maintains itself at this point. A few years back I planted these gorgeous pink wild rose bushes and the climbing honeysuckle around my gazebo in the backyard. It was so refreshing and invigorating walking up to the gazebo tonight and seeing these in full bloom.

I've been kinda feeling like my lovely goddess statue lately...Minus the lovely and loosing my head a bit!








I sat outside and really reflected on my life and all things important to me. I am so grateful to have a beautiful place among mother nature to go and meditate when times are hard. Cheers to you and all of your beautiful invigorating outdoor spaces. xo, Alys

5 comments:

Shaune said...

Alys,
I know you will be strong and get past this, everything will be ok. My thoughts are always with you, Shaune

Newsguy said...

Hey, nice looking blog...job well done! Enjoy the outdoors this summer!!

The Antiques Diva™ said...

If I had a backyard like yours I might be there every waking moment... gorgeous!

Enchanted Treasures said...

Hope you'll feel better soon Alys.
And your hunky hubby too. Beautiful pics.
xo Roberta

Elena said...

You have a lovely spot to spend time in - especially when in need of some 'quiet time'. I hope all is turning out well for your family.

You also have a lovely blog which I'm enjoying browsing through - I stumbled across it via Annette's blog because she listed you for an award.

Elena