Thursday, April 9, 2009

Our Home

I have had many request from all of my favorite peeps wanting to see photos of our home. Since it is an always changing array of antiques and vintage I have never really compiled a photo album to display it. I love lighting, paying attention to fine details and beautiful antiques are all very important to me. Decorating is one of my passions and I do it both for our home and local clients. Living among the things I love is such a blessing, It inspires creativity in all forums of my existence. According to my family, I have always had an eye for the finer things in life. I try my best to mix in both high end antiques with flea market finds whenever possible. I was a single mother for a few years and decorating my home on a budget became very important to me. You will see a trend of French antiques throughout these photos of my home. I adore old dress forms, chandeliers, old portrait paintings, fabulous architectural fragments and mirrors. You will see this trend through out our home. I am planning on posting a couple different post of rooms for you to see over the next couple of weeks. I hope you enjoy being a part of our personal space...xo, Alys







4 comments:

TRES BELLE said...

Alys,
I love the photos of your home...I especially love the photo with the blue and white crown on the shelf with the lemons....stunning.

You have have selected gorgeous pics of your style and I think they are fabulous.

Kris

*** said...

Bonjour Alys, I just stumbled upon your blog, and I'm very happy I found it, I absolutely love it, it is beautiful, and so is your home. I wondered, is your coffee table made from a window frame? It is gorgeous!

Keep blogging! :o)

All the best,
- Hege (Norwegian, living in Paris)

sweetpeaink said...

So lovely! Can I move in? :)
I just visited from Sara's blog...yours is lovely!
xoxo
Cristina

Tamara Jansen said...

This is your home?! It's just gorgeous!