Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mothers Day Gift Idea

For Mothers Day this year I wanted to make something cheerful and beautiful, yet everlasting and decorative. I also wanted something personable, I love to receive gifts that are a reflection of the person giving them. Some of my favorite things are flowers, tarnished silver and nothing is more timeless to me than a string of vintage pearls. I thought it would be perfect to put these all together to create this little gift from my heart.

I bought these vintage silverplate goblets at the thrift store for .50! What a bargain. You could use anything such as teacups, crystal goblets, bowls, urns, vintage tumblers etc. The important thing is choose something that is a reflection of you, or personalize it for the mother receiving it.

I collect vintage pearl strands and have over 500. I sorted through them all and chose the best pearls for those I will be giving these gift too. You can find vintage strands of pearls at any antique or vintage shop.

The silk flowers I purchased at my local craft store along with florist moss & foam. Using my glue gun I adhered the moss to the foam. Next I cut the stem of the flower to 3 inches and then stuck it down into the foam. This is a super easy project, I finished in under 1/2 hour. Very inexpensive however I think it will be cherished for many years to come.

Happy Mothers Day, xo Alys

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

STUNNING!!! I am inspired so much by these photos!! Thank you, Chrissy

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Tarnished silver and pearls... 2 of my favorite things!