Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Holiday Ice Princess


For Christmas this year my daughter Aspen saved her money to buy me the most wonderful Christmas present I have ever received, and I am 33! She knows of my love for antiques and all things French, and she saved her hard earned money to buy me this special doll for my Christmas gift. I just love it to pieces, and had to share this present with all of you. I would feel selfish keeping her all to myself. She has sultry black cat eyes and pressed red pouty lips that just tug on my heart strings. From her extravagant silk floral shawl and delicate black net lace dress to her original eyeglass necklace this doll was made from me! I love that she is a bit tattered and worn as that is how I feel some days. Don't you just adore the gorgeous silk ribbon rose holding her up do?! I hope all of your holiday memories this year have been as sweet and enduring as mine have.

4 comments:

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

What a sweet girl you have raised, Alys! She loves her momma good! You tell her that was a super sweet thing to do and that even people that don't know her think she is AWESOME!

Happy New Year,
Judy

TRES BELLE said...

Well, that doll is just precious!! I love her too! How wonderful and thoughtful of your daughter to save her hard earned money to purchase that doll for you. She certainly knows what her mother loves!!

Kris

Maison Douce said...

What a sweet doll, and even sweeter daughter!!! That is the best kind of gift!
Isabel

Lola Enchanted said...

What a lovely daughter you have!! And WOWZA~what a gift!!! I would have cried!!!!!!!!
She's breathtakingly beautiful!!!

You are one lucky gal in more than just one way!!!!!

Happy New Year!~