Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dear Santa...


Right before the Dear Santa Letter...
Aspen: So mom is Santa really true?
Mom: I dunno, what do you think?
Aspen: Well I think that he might be but I don't think he is
Mom: How come?
Aspen: Well because my friends told me that he isn't and last year I saw presents under grandmas tree from Santa before Christmas.
Mom: Well maybe Santa dropped them off early?
Aspen: True, but my friends all say it is just made up...
Mom: Hmm? Well I would believe, I have heard if you don't believe, Santa doesn't bring you presents....
Aspen: Well I want to believe..."long pause"
Aspen: Mom, are you Santa?
Mom: Like I said, I would believe...Wink, Wink, Wink....
Aspen: Hmm...
Aspen: Please tell me, I am in sixth grade and I deserve to know
Mom: You deserve to know?
Aspen: Yes, I deserve to know and it would make me trust you if you just tell me the truth. Come'on mom!
Mom: No, sweetie...Santa is not real
Aspen: That just gave me sorrow
Mom: It's OK to believe, it is the symbol of Santa and Christmas we should always believe in.
Aspen: Believe in what, a big fake fat guy in a funny looking red suit?
Mom & Aspen: hahahaha, laugh, laugh....laughed some more and then, a few hours later, The Dear Santa Letter...
I guess it just goes to show you it truly is OK to have childlike wonder and believe!




The past week I was able to be a room mother at my daughter Aysha's third grade class. We had so much fun making and decorating gingerbread houses. The kids all did such a great job and this was such a fun activity for them. Surprisingly easy enough for the kids to do all on there own, and the clean up wasn't to bad. If you are looking for a fun holilday craft for your little ones this year this is a great idea. The base of the gingerbread house is just a milk carton covered with brown paper and securely glued to the cardboard base. This can be prepared prior to the kids starting the craft. We bought tons of candy and just let the kids have fun imagining and decorating their houses. The frosting you will need to prepare 10 minutes prior.
The gingerbread house frosting recipe:
1 bag powdered sugar
3 egg whites
1 tsp cream of tarter
Mix all of this together in your mix master and then place it in a decorating bag. Its that easy! Have fun and enjoy your holiday gingerbread house.

3 comments:

Tamara Jansen said...

Don't you wish your kids could believe in Sanata for just a wee little bit longer these days???!!!

Maison Douce said...

My oldest daughter believed in Santa until she was 11... I always told them "You have to believe to receive!!". But middle schoolers will be mercyless, so after she asked repeatedly, I came clean!! I don't know if it's their heart or mine that breaks the most when they stop believing!!!
Isabel

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

I LOVED your Santa story...so true the way kids want to believe, even if they sort of know the truth. I still want to believe! Also, your snow pictures of you and the hunk are fabulous! Glad I found you out here in cyberland!
Merry Christmas!
Judy