Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Tribute-My Grandma

Do you have someone in your life that can make all of your worries, all of your cares go away with just one hug? That is my Grandma. She has always been my foundation and I have always looked up to her. She has amazing strength, incredible creativity, and a heart as big as this world. Her love has always been unconditional for me and I have always felt like a star in her eyes. She has a way of making me believe I can be anything I want to be. She has always given me a reason and a purpose to want to be a better person. Her beauty shines through even in her elder years. Grandma, I love you!
This is my Grandma in her 20s. She was and still is so beautiful both inside and out. She just recently on Sunday celebrated her 80th birthday. She had 36 people there from our family.
My grandma has always had such a strong spirit. In her youth she loved to ride horses, and spend time with all of her brothers, sisters and cousins. She has always been such a hard worker. She is never sitting still. If it isn't a child she is chasing after you can find her creating something beautiful for her home or taking care of a neighbor.
Look at those sexy legs! I have always adored this picture of my grandma.
My grandmas family.
My Grandma & Grandpa. I just love the way he is holding her in this picture. My grandpa passed away several years ago. He was the light in my grandmas life. Their love and passion for one another lives on. They were always so flirty with one another, and we could always see how much love they shared.



My Grandpa-We love and miss you always

3 comments:

Tres Belle said...

Oh Alys,

What an amazing and wonderfully written tribute to your grandmom.
Your love for her shines out in this post. Very touching and moving tribute. I am sure you will always be a "star" in her eyes.

Wish her a very Happy Birthday with many more to come. I hope I can live my life with as much grace and love as your grandmother does.

Kris

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Very nice tribute to your grandma. That's the wonderful thing about grandmas... they're always there to lift you up. Mine's not here anymore, but lives in my heart everyday.
Great photos of your grandma & grandpa.. just lovely.
~Tracie

The Red Velvet Shoe said...

This was a beautiful post. . .having just lost my grandmother one month ago I am teary eyed at your beautiful tribute. Cherish your time with her~~she needs you as much as you need her. . .