Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Scary Blue Box!

Today I went out to get the mail, and it was here!!! I have been anxiously awaiting this new software from Adobe. It is the new Photoshop PS4 that was just launched last week. I was super excited to open it and load it to my computer...This feeling changed QuIcKLy when I realized this doesn't come with a users manual. Nothing, no directions, not even a flash card for dummies! Just a pretty, bright and cheerful blue box and a disk. Talk about feeling a bit intimidated. Have you ever bought a new electronic and felt like your children knew more about it than you did?
I am sure this little intimidating blue box will soon come in very useful. I will have the basics down in no time and will be able to start creating incredible photos and layouts with it. Is there anyone else that is a bit intimidated by this new software? Any leads on good instructional videos or sites with direction or forums would be appreciated!

Feeling a bit intimidated, xo Alys

2 comments:

Tres Belle said...

Sorry Alys, I am computer illiterate and just know the basics. It's a sure bet though, that you will pick this up in no time. Good luck!

Kris

Counting Your Blessings said...

Hi Alys. I so understand that feeling! I've recently started working with CS3 Indesign. I don't even venture into all the other things that CS3 has. It's a whole different world. In fact, that's actually why I popped over here! I'm the editor of a new magazine, PORCH (porch-magazine.blogspot.com). It's a blogger's magazine. The old fashioned paper kind =) not the zine kind. I'm thinking of doing something for Valentines and I wondered if you might consider putting together a small article about your Paris antiques. Let me know if you think you might be interested. Blessings.. Polly