Sunday, November 23, 2008

Give Thanks


Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. During this time of the year I often reflect on all of the things I am thankful for. Getting together with family and friends, enjoying the day talking and reflecting over the years is one of my favorite pastimes.

It goes without saying the food is always delicious! One of my favorite dishes at Thanksgiving time is Pomegranate Salad. I will post the recipe for it here tomorrow. Pomegranates are in season during this time of year. This salad is super easy to whip up and compliments the turkey and dressings so well.

A little list of some of the things I am thankful for...

The Words I Love You * Flowers * Porch Swings * Family * Bubble Baths * Freedom * Big Closets* Good Health * Candlelit Dinners * Wishes * Dishwashers * Picnics * Smiles * A Good Song * Chocolate * Hair Spray * Holding Hands * Diversity * Lemons * Beaches * Grace * Jeans that fit * Honesty * True Friends * Thoughtfulness * Lipstick * Bedtime * Indoor Plumbing * Life * Talent * Thin Mints * Victoria Secret * Teachers * Dreams * Mentors * Good Food * My Blog * First Class * Grilled Cheese * Babysitters * Air Fresheners * Art * My Brothers * Heart to Hearts * The Right Tools * New Shoes * Love * Seasons * Quiet Time * Laughing * Game Night * A/C * Heirlooms * Generosity * Time * Cellphones * Sunshine * Kisses * A Good Book * People * Traditions * Dancing * Nordstroms * My Toothbrush * A Desire to Learn * CheeseCake * Vacations * My Favorite Shows * Boating * Sunday Drives * My House * Memories * Being a Mom * Technology * Good Drivers * Love Notes * Our Country * A Shoulder to Cry On * Shade Trees * My Job * Soy Chai * Choice * Spa Days * Wii Rock Band * History * Bubble Gum * My Girls * Non Iron Clothes * Soul Mates * Fun * My Blog Readers*

What are you thankful for this holiday season?

3 comments:

Tres Belle said...

Hi Alys,
Out of all of the holidays, I love Thanksgiving the most. It represents family, friends, and being thankful for all that we have. It doesn't have to be much to be important to you. A good blogger buddy, my glasses, books, my grandchildren, my legs and arms, my bed, white porcelain dishes, old french ephemera, bits and pieces of old lace and ribbons, my hubby, ups and downs (they represent the challenges we face and our growth from them) my children, my favorite pen, my dogs who aren't with me anymore, the first cup of coffee in the morning.

Happy Thanksgiving, Alys and thank you for your thoughtfulness!!!

caren said...

Alys ~ i just found your blog and I love it! There are so many things I am thankful for and now I can add you to that list!

I have a "girl" (not sure the official name) like yours in the first picture. We call her "Adeline".

I will be back to visit! Happy Thanksgiving.

KayEllen said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Found your blog from sweet Wren's Nest:)
Nice to meet you,

Blessing to you,
KayEllen