Wednesday, October 22, 2008

~Tagged~

I was just tagged by Judith from Paris Atelier. I thought it would be fun to play along both through photos and thoughts. If you havn't been to Judiths blog you must. Her blog is new, but the info and photos gathered are fabulous! You will want to add her to your blog role.

I am supposed to share six quirky or random things about me that you may or may not know.

I love the color Purple. I always have and always will. I love every shade of purple from deep royal purple to pale lavendar. When I was 15 my mom painted my room purple for me as a surprise present. I love, love, loved it! I Love to Dress Up! You will rarely find me in jeans and a t-shirt. I have always loved style and clothes are one of my passions. I also love a sale. I rarely buy anything full price and get so excited over a bargain. High fashion to me is art. I love to see how different people dress and put together their clothes to make a statement.

I also love photography, portraiture mostly. I am currently studying at The International School of Photography. I never thought I would go back to school, but I am loving it. Now that my kids are all in school full-time I wanted to pursue my love for photography. I just recently launched my photography website that I am super excited about. It is more of a hobby than anything but I am having so much fun doing it.

I am having a secret affair with Jimmy..."Shhhh" Yes, Jimmy Choo is my secret obsession. I just got this fabulous snake skin handbag today and am head over heels for it! There is nothing better than a fabulous handbag or pair of shoes and Jimmy knows just how to speak to my heart...Pitter Patter...
I love lemons. Yes, I admit it, I am a lemon addict. Juicy lemons anytime of the day with salt is my idea of the best treat ever. I love them with salt and I eat the entire thing except for the rind. Mmmmm!
I love my job! When I was young I always told my family that I was going to grow up and become a professional shopper. I was darn good at it then and always fantasized about turning it into a career. Well that is pretty much what I do in a nutshell. Shopping for fine antiques and home decor is my job, my passion and I love it! Running my two websites and meeting people from all around the world that share in the same passion for antiques as I do is so rewarding. Finding my passion and being able to do it daily is one of the greatest blessings in my life.

Things I Love-My Family, Lipstick, Music that I can sing my lungs out to in my car, Traveling, Meeting new people, Chandeliers, New Sheets, Movies, Chips & Salsa, Red Wine, Entertaining, Old Architecture, All things French, Bubble Baths, Gardening, Golf, Life Stories, Holidays, Hairspray, Flowers, Chatting, My Daughters Breath, Fast Cars, Adventure, Shag Carpet, Funny People, Glitter, Sleeping in, Pedicures, My computer, and Game night just to list a few.

Thank you for reading a bit more about me, xo Alys

2 comments:

Tres Belle said...

Hi Alys,

The color purple, Jimmy Choo, lemons, high fashion and of course photography all great things to remember you by. Your photos are wonderful. I especially like the half of the purple chair.

Sounds like your cup is never empty!!

Kris

Tamara Jansen said...

Hey, I think we may be twins seperated at birth....I just haven't got the Jimmy Choo's yet :)