Monday, February 25, 2008

SPRING IS HERE...At Least At Our House!

I had so many request over the past couple of months to show more photos of how I decorate my home for the holidays. I normally do not do foofy decorating, more color schemed with keeping the event in mind. I am SO ready for Spring this year! The winter here in Utah has been super long and snowy! We have had our lawn covered in 1 foot of snow for what seems like ages now. It just keeps coming and never leaves. So I figured if I couldn't have GREEN grass and Spring outdoors I would recreate the feel of it inside. This is also great as it is just in time for our huge St. Patricks Day Party that we host annually with Family & Friends. And last but not least Green is my Daughters Favorite color...Since she was tiny and just able to talk she was instantly attracted to Green! It is still her favorite color and I am sure always will be!
"Mine is Purple, always has been, always will be!"
I tried to decorate this green & yellow themed table with items that are easily available and found at your local shops in each state. The above set of 6 mugs & 6 Goblets are from Anthropologie and I believe can be ordered online. I also purchased the two table embroidered centerpieces, cotton embroidered napkins, and green finger bowls there as well!
The green Pitcher & adorable Daisy themed plates are from Target as well as the mercury glass Apple & Pear Vases. You can get the greenery and flower from Joann's Fabrics, or anyplace that carried silk flowers. The lemons were brought in fresh for me from a friend from Arizona right off his tree...
"Lemons are my favorite food! Always have been, always will be!"

It is feeling like a Green Spring Already...I can't wait to see my Tulips in Bloom!

Alys

2 comments:

Prairie Home-Sherry said...

Love your Sites!!!
The jewery is to die for!!!
adding you to my Fav.'s!

Tutti Chic said...

Beautiful d ecor for spring & beautiful blog! I'm off to read some more! :) chris