Monday, January 21, 2008

Antique Auction Treasures & More

I simply adore going to antique auctions and this past weekend I had the chance to go to one near by my home. The auction was put on by Silcox Auctions in Payson, Utah. It was a huge auctions with a very good turnout. The bidding was intense when an old Utah liquor jug came up for bid. It sold for 1500.00 and the lady that won it said it will be resold on eBay for around 4000.00! I had no idea an old liquor jug would be worth so much.
Auctions are a great place to go for great deals! Not only are there incredible finds, and treasure but also you are sitting among very aged and educated mentors so don't be afraid to ask questions. I always learn so much about things that are not necessarily my forte' when I go to an auction. Auctions are normally held once a month, and you can usually get the schedule by looking in your local antique newspaper, or calling an antique shop and inquiring. The are just as you would imagine them being with the auctioneer going about a mile a minute and antiques flying out the door. If you ever get a chance to attend one I would highly recommend it!
These are just a few of my finds from our recent auction. The powder box I have had before but never filled with the original talc pink powder! The old seed box has been something I have been wanting to find for almost 3 years! I wasn't going to let that one slip by. The graphics are wonderful and I am so excited to store my scrap art clippings inside of it.
I can't wait to have some fabulous Altered Art Jewelry made out of these incredible finds!
A view from the back of the auction! It's a good thing our auctioneer keeps the crowd laughing or the mood in the room would be very serious.

4 comments:

Counting Your Blessings said...

Oh my! I love it all. Last Summer at our largest bi-annual Flea Market there was a Fairbanks Fairy Soap box that I wish, wish, wish I would've gotten. It was something like $40 and I thought it was too much. Stop over and see what I got at the flea market yesterday. Blessings...Polly

Vintage Rose Collection said...

What fabulous finds, I want it all!
That box is precious!
Jo-Anne

Paris Couture Antiques said...

Jo-Anne,
Well how flattered I am that you dropped by my little blog! I have long been a fan of yours, and your beautiful paintings. I have adored reading all about you in the Magazines and love your personal style. Thank you so much for dropping in. I actually have two blogs I am running until I figure out which way to go with this, My other blog is http://abitofparis2u.blogspot.com/ I have a lovely drawing going on until tomorrow so drop by and enter. Have a wonderful evening, I know I will as I feel as if I have been visited by a Star! Alys

Missy Sue Hanson said...

Your blog and store are heavenly! Thanks for a beautiful visit!